from time to time, making one of my weekend days a *mental health day* is the best. caring about mental health for me doesn’t mean therapy, medication, etc (although i know it does for some people) — just simply not stressing out and forcing myself to do 100 things just because i should, or because it’s sunny or because everyone else is doing stuff.
i’m a super social extroverted human being, but also i love doing stuff on my own to kind of catch up with myself. it helps me think better, relax, and rest in order to have energy for all those other days at work or out with friends to have the energy to give 100%.
some of my favorite things to do on days like that:
- hanging out in bed. sleeping, napping, or just scrolling instagram in bed.
- taking walks. preferably alone, with a podcast. the don’t have to be long, but just getting out of the house without having to rush to any specific place is a lovely feeling.
- putting things where they belong. even if days like these are meant for not musts, i find it so relieving to put clothes, pens, books (or whatever it is that i’ve spread out) where they belong. that in itself improves my mental well-being for a while.
- being both productive and unproductive. on days like these, i set up a few (few!) achievable goals, like doing laundry, or run that errand, or read one chapter of that book. when it’s done, it makes relaxing and letting go even better because no guilt!
- working out. i do this pretty much, both on days i’m stressed out and on so-called mental health days, but working out is like gold to the body and soul though.
- phone on mute. no extra distractions needed.
- netflix and (actually) chill. watching a few episodes of a show. getting caught in deep wikipedia-searches on something interesting. making spotify playlists.
- no negative vibes. this is a really fucking important point for me and my own mental well-being. it concretely to me personally means for example unfollowing accounts in my feed that write about weightloss, unfriend people on my fb who post racist stuff, or muting instagram stories that are triggering. THIS IS SO GOOD. AND SO IMPORTANT. i can really recommend this if your feed is stressing you out. just delete that shit out of your life :)
yep, that’s a few things. it can be these, or something else — just in general making days like these about NOT stressing out. for me it just suffices with one day like this a little now and then to just recharge. taking care of one’s mental health for a day = better productivity, better resting, better sleeping, better everything.
if you have any tips of your own for self-cafe and well-being, let me know. happy sunday my loves.
att ta någon dag här och där för att bara fokusera på sig själv och sitt egna psykiska välmående e FETT VIKTIGT. tusen gånger viktigare än att hetsa runt på event eller ute på stan bara för att alla andra gör det eller för att det är sol eller vad som helst.
här e några grejer jag gör sådana dagar, när jag bara försöker ta hand om mig själv och MÅ BRA.
har ni några tips? puss.